HOME >> TASTE BUZZ
When we were traveling in Provenance we came across these light and airy delicacies and knew we had to share the love. One bite is all it takes to bring you the feeling of standing at a Patisserie.
Breakfast Dirt Bombs
3 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 Cup Sugar
2/3 Cup Shortening
1 Cup Whole Milk
1/2 Pound (2 Sticks) Butter
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
3 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening. Add the eggs and mix again. Alternate adding one-third of the flour mixture and one-third of the milk to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and set aside.
- To make the coating, melt the butter in a bowl or glass pan. In a separate container, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip the warm muffins in the butter, coating thoroughly. Then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.